Veronika Part on the David Letterman Show July 9

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#1 Fleegull

Fleegull

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 09:59 PM

This is happy news, Veronika Part will be a guest on The Late Show With David Letterman on Thursday, July 9th!

Moderator note: I split this off from the earlier Veronika Part thread. Please post your responses to the Letterman interview, when it occurs, HERE. Bart.

#2 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 10:45 PM

DVR set to record! Thanks, Fleegull! :off topic:

#3 Waelsung

Waelsung

• PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 12:31 AM

This is happy news, Veronika Part will be a guest on The Late Show With David Letterman on Thursday, July 9th!

A very rare moment when I truly regret not having a TV :off topic:

#4 sealings

sealings

• PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 03:55 AM

oh my god she's on the same night as daniel radcliffe :off topic: !!!
at least a lot of people will see it, but so much for trying to get tickets!

#5 kfw

kfw

Sapphire Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 06:25 AM

So . . . there is no commercially released footage of Part dancing, and what's on You Tube is either grainy (Swan Lake), or pretty old (Raymonda, Fairy Doll). Surely only a tiny fraction of Letterman's audience will have ever heard of her, so can we expect a few precious seconds of new, high quality video by way of introduction? Is it too early for a "yahoo!"? Well here's one anyhow: :off topic: ?

#6 Farrell Fan

Farrell Fan

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,930 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 08:50 AM

This is extraordinary! When was the last time that a ballet dancer was a guest on one of the late night talk shows? Perhaps it has to do with the ghost of Ed Sullivan roaming the theater named for him (where the Letterman show originates). :off topic:

#7 bart

bart

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • 7,320 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 10:14 AM

When was the last time that a ballet dancer was a guest on one of the late night talk shows?

Great question, Farrell Fan. Does anyone have an answer to this?

#8 sjk

sjk

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 11:37 AM

I just noticed this in an older article:

There is also Tony Mendez a former dancer and current staff member on “Late Show With David Letterman,” who is eager to have her appear on the program.

Now in Principal’s Slippers, Facing Fears
Yay! I guess it all worked out!
(I'm not exactly sure about how to quote articles on this forum)

#9 bingham

bingham

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 12:27 PM

When was the last time that a ballet dancer was a guest on one of the late night talk shows?

Great question, Farrell Fan. Does anyone have an answer to this?

I'm sure M. Barysnikov was a guest in one of the late-night talk shows but this was after he became an "actor".

#10 kfw

kfw

Sapphire Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 12:32 PM

I don't know about a sit down guest, but didn't some NYCB corps members take part in a skit or sight gag of some sort on Letterman's show? I read a vague reference to some such thing somewhere (how vague is that?), I think in DanceView Times. Deanna McBrearty's site lists among her film and TV appearances ""David Letterman Top Ten."

#11 volcanohunter

volcanohunter

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,978 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 01:13 PM

I don't know about a sit down guest, but didn't some NYCB corps members take part in a skit or sight gag of some sort on Letterman's show?

Is she going to be a sit-down guest or will she be performing a piece? For example, three years ago Peter Mattei, Diana Damrau, Juan Diego Florez, John Del Carlo and Samuel Ramey performed an abbreviated version of the Act 1 finale from 'The Barber of Seville' on the Letterman show.

http://archives.meto...t.w?xCID=351638

#12 Farrell Fan

Farrell Fan

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,930 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 02:46 PM

kfw's reference to Deanna McBrearty makes me wonder if Part's appearance on the Letterman show could be for something as mundane as reading the evening's "top ten list." I'm hoping for something more substantive, but I've already lowered my expectations, just in case.

#13 4mrdncr

4mrdncr

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 07:43 PM

Great news if the commercial world is finally waking up. But I don't suppose Charlie Rose on PBS counts as a "late night talk show" to the rest of the pop world, because at least on that program, several current and former ballet dancers have appeared.

Of course I will never forget when ballet dancers appeared on Mike Douglas (was it Makarova/Nagy?) long after Mr. Sullivan was no longer with us.

#14 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• 5,260 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 07:55 PM

Among all the ballerinas, I never thought about Part doing this type of show...(isn't it always told about her being shy and all...?)

#15 bingham

bingham

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 08:11 PM

Great news if the commercial world is finally waking up. But I don't suppose Charlie Rose on PBS counts as a "late night talk show" to the rest of the pop world, because at least on that program, several current and former ballet dancers have appeared.

Of course I will never forget when ballet dancers appeared on Mike Douglas (was it Makarova/Nagy?) long after Mr. Sullivan was no longer with us.

Cynthia G,Fernando B, Martine VH and Alexander Godunov appeared in Merv Griffin Show( not sure if t was an afternoon show?)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):